There’s so many cool places to travel with your kids in the Mid-Atlantic region, and they are best enjoyed in the midst of childhood. Create some memories by taking your kids to these magical places:
- Virginia Safari Park – This unique drive-thru safari park had my kids collapsing in giggles as they fed the friendly animals who would stick there heads right into our car. More info here.
- Diggerland – A construction-lovers dream, this park takes equipment your kids love to watch dig in the dirt and turns them into amusement park rides. More info here.
- Dutch Wonderland – A kid’s paradise of dinosaurs, kiddie rides, a perfect-sized water park, and magical characters like Duke the Dragon and Princess Brooke. More info here.
- Legoland Discovery Center – Caters to every type of Lego-lover and throws in other fun activities that kids love. Laser maze, 4D theatre, and plenty of build space is included. More info here.
- National Aquarium – Be intrigued as these beautiful sea creatures swim around you.
- Crayola Experience – When the obsession with crayons and markers hits, take your kid to the place where they can see how they are made with many fun activities centered around the famous writing tools. More info here.
- Great Wolf Lodge – Catering to kids, this lodge and water park has hotel rooms laid out with the kids in mind and on top of the water fun there are plenty of activities to make it a howling good time for kids. We’re lucky to have two locations in the mid-Atlantic to choose from, Virginia and Pennsylvania.
- Hersheypark and Chocolate World – The fun town of Hershey has the smell of chocolate
in the air. A world-class amusement park located beside a chocolate-lovers paradise makes for a delightful day or weekend with the kids. More info here.
- Clark Elioak Farm – A story book come to life, you have to see it to believe it. The old woman who lived in the shoe, a famous whale, and the three little pigs house make capturing childhood memories in a photo easy as pie.
- Knoebels – An old fashion amusement park that you remember from your childhood. It’s frozen in time in the best of ways. An award winning wooden coaster and a new steel coaster beside a large a shaded kiddie area makes it a perfect family trip. More info here.
- Bonus: Land of Little Horses – A childhood favorite of mine, this old-time farm has a collection of miniature horses, play equipment, and hands-on activities with animals are a recipe for fun.