Hersheypark’s Christmas Candylane is a special seasonal time in the park. Typically, the dates are mid-November until New Year’s Day, depending on how the dates fall each year.
Candylane boasts 5 million lights throughout the park, rides, holiday foods, and a visit with Santa. There’s a special light show in the Hollow called “N.O.E.L.!” and character appearances.
Some roller coasters are even open during Candylane, though it depends on the current temperature and the wind speed. Coasters that could be open, depending on the weather, include SooperDooperLooper, Candymonium, and WildCat. Since LaffTrak is an indoor coaster, it’s also typically open.
During the winter, ride wait times are still listed on the Hersheypark app. This includes flat rides like the Scrambler, the Claw, Wave Swinger, and more.
N.O.E.L. Light Show
The Hollow is where the popular and historic Comet roller coaster is located. While the Comet is not open during the winter, there are other rides open in this area including the Wave Swinger and two new rides within the past few years, the Teacups and the Sweet Swing.
During Christmas Candylane, the Hollow is home to the “N.O.E.L.!” light show, which is a must see while at the park. The lights are timed to music. The special show is best viewed from the Skyview ride, which takes you above the lights.
Overlook Food Court, located near the Triple Towers, is a good place to find a variety of food in the park. Also, it’s located indoors, so a great place to warm up.
Don’t miss the mini donuts and s’mores available in the park. There’s also hot cocoa available in a souvenir cup.
Many of the kiddie rides are open during Candylane. While it may differ depending on the day, the Dry Gulch Railroad, Carousel, Sweet Swing, Frog Hopper, antique cars and many more are open. The kiddie rides are spread throughout the park. Older kids can enjoy some of the roller coasters, while the younger kids can choose a kiddie ride nearby.
Chocolate World, located beside Hersheypark, is also a great place to visit during the winter. Hershey’s Chocolate Tour ride is free and inside Chocolate World.
Tips for Visiting Hersheypark Candylane
- If lines are long in Founder’s Circle at the front of the park, save those rides for when you come back on your way out of the park. Near park closing, these lines tend to get shorter.
- Check out the N.O.E.L. show from the Skyview ride for an nice view.
- Visit Santa in Founder’s Circle under the old carousel roof this year, 2021!
Ticket Giveaway – 4 Tickets to Hersheypark Candylane
- Contest runs December 12th, 2021 through December 14th, 2021.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older and residents of the United States.
- One winner chosen randomly using Rafflecopter after the contest ends on December 14th, 2021.
- Winner must follow Rafflecopter instructions for getting entries
- Winner must supply email address to receive 4 electronic tickets to Hershey’s Candylane for 2021. Tickets are for one daily admission to Hersheypark during Candylane. The tickets expire 1/2/2022.
- Hersheypark charges a separate fee for parking, which is NOT included with these tickets. The winner will need to pay for parking.
- Been There Done That with Kids is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets.
- Been There Done That with Kids is a 2021 Sweetest Family with Hersheypark. This giveaway is not affiliated or endorsed by Facebook or Instagram. Void where prohibited.